11.01.2010

Growing Plants in Sheet Mulch

Stumble Upon Toolbar Delicious del.icio.us rss feed

I am in the process converted a 20" x 35" space into a garden from a large patch of grass. I am now planting plants there and it seems to be going well. Some of my plants were transplants. Tomatoes I got donated from a friend did not do very well because I planted them late in the summer and the grass under the sheets had not totally died yet. I also got some basil plants, curry, lavender, tea, and various flowers. I started some leafy greens like cabbage, kale, and lettuce and they are still growing now. I do think the sheet mulch worked great. I am now planting cover crops to help the ground survive the winter and transition to spring growing faster.

Ty Regis Cuffy Schwoeffermann

No comments:

Post a Comment